La Jourdanie Lake
The lake of turquoise waters:
- Dammed lake on the river Tarn.
- Max depth 15 m (50 feet)
- Surface area 65 ha (162 acres)
- Easily accessible on the right bank, the left bank requires the use of a boat at times because it is steeper and has no direct vehicular access on the part downstream of the dam
- Navigation authorised from 15th June to 15th September
- Daily change in water level can be significant (+/- 2 m/6 feet) as the lake is 100% used for hydroelectricity production.
- Lake used for night fishing all year round across its whole surface
- Good density of carp
- 70% common carp average 6 kg
- 30% mirror carp average 9 kg
- Warning, strong presence of signal crayfish that sometimes look resemble real lobsters
- Temporary reserve zone in spring on the upstream section of the lake where all fishing is forbidden, day and night