The joy of the communes in the south Aveyron:
- 1st dammed lake situated on the Tarn, it is subject to significant increases in water level in the spring and above all in autumn making fishing impossible at times.
- Very wild lake on its downstream section, change of scenery guaranteed!!!
- Maximum depth 25m (82 feet) (in the middle of the gorges and not at the dam…)
- Surface area 130 ha (3100 acres)
- Lake open on the upstream part until Mas de Lanauq with a deepest depth of 12m/40 feet uncluttered apart from the edges of the Tarn river bed
- Downstream from Mas de Lanauq, the very pronounced gorges make fishing from the bank impossible (boat necessary to access the rare fishing posts)
- Daily change in water level can be significant (+/- 2 m/6 feet) as the lake is 100% used for hydroelectricity production.
- Lake used for night fishing all year round across its whole surface
- High density of carp
- 99% common with an average weight of 6 kg (max 15 kg)
- a few very rare mirror carp
- Warning, strong presence of signal crayfish that sometimes look resemble real lobsters
- Temporary reserve zone in spring on the upstream section of the lake where all fishing is forbidden, day and night