A lake with sizeable surprises
- Dammed lake situated on the course of the river Truyère downstream of large dams such as Sarrans or Grandval.
- Surface area 65 ha/162 acres
- Max depth 50 m/33 feet
- Long gorge lake with very large daily changes in water level (+/- 5 m/16 feet)
- Access for angling is almost non-existent apart from the edges of the boat slips and the tidal range makes things very difficult
- Fishing from a boat is the only correct way of angling on this lake which has an at times very cluttered bed
- Warning all navigation is forbidden upstream of Pont de Phalip bridge
- Warning, temporary reserve area in spring where all fishing is forbidden opposite the dam boat slip
- Predator fish present: perch, zander and pike
- The perch population is of a medium size with fish measuring 20/25 cm on average (there are some large fish of over 45 cm too)
- Zander are present in number with an average caught size of 60 cm. Some very large fish are caught each year measuring over 90cm.
- There are not many pike and their capture remains anecdotal